VisitBritain have launched a new fund supporting the events industry recovery. They will provide financial support to not-for-profit organisations hosting domestic business events from 21 June to 17 December 2021. It is designed to kick-start the return of business events and to showcase that the UK is ready to meet again and has adapted to new ways of meeting in a COVID-19 secure environment.
Event organisations can apply for £30 per delegate (cash incl. VAT) attending an event. This support is available for events from 100 to 500 people, to a maximum value of £15,000 support.
Approved applications will receive financial support after the event has taken place, and submission of evidence to support total number of attendees. All activities need to take place within the dates 21 June to 17 December 2021 and evidence provided by 1 March 2022.
- The applicants are UK not-for-profit organisations, including associations and charities
- The applicants must be in operation for more than a year at the time of application
- The events are defined as: meetings and conferences
- The events target a domestic audience
- The events attract from 100 to 500 attendees
- The events are live and can include a virtual component- support is for total attendees to the live element of a hybrid event
How to apply
- Read the Guidelines (PDF) and check if you are eligible to apply
- If you fulfil the eligibility criteria, complete the Application Form (doc)
- Complete supporting documentation: Annex B: Subsidy Control declaration form (doc) and BTA New Supplier request form (doc)
- Submit the application form and the supporting documentation to EventSupport@visitbritain.org, with the following reference in the subject line [Domestic Fund/Event name]
What happens next
All applications will be assessed by a panel of industry experts in strict order of receipt against the criteria. The Business Events team will be in touch if additional information is required.
You will be notified if your application of the assessment result within a month from application. If successful, you will receive an offer and a Grant Funding Agreement. Find out more about all the steps from application to grant claim on the Domestic Support Fund roadmap (PDF).