- EVENTSBASE Limited are publishers of Eventsbase.co.uk. We own and manage all elements of the www.eventsbase.co.uk website including the weekly newsletter, EVENTSBASE magazine and the venue and supplier Showcase. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We will only collect personal data where it is necessary for us to do so and where it is relevant to our dealings with you and will only keep your personal data for as long as it is relevant to the purpose for which it was given consent to collect, or for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
In this Notice, references to “we”, “us” and “our” refer to EVENTSBASE Limited. Personal data, as defined by the GDPR, means any information which relates to a living individual who can be identified, either directly or indirectly, from this information. For example, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and other personal details.
USING LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
Please remember that when you use a link to go from our website to another website, our Privacy Notice no longer applies. Your browsing and interaction on any other website or your dealings with any other third-party service provider, is subject to that website’s or third-party service provider’s own rules and notices/policies. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. This Notice applies solely to Information collected by us through our website or services and does not apply to these third-party websites and third-party service providers.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Sign up for our newsletter and magazines.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our forums or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Event registration via our registration partners (e.g. Eventsforce, EventCloud, Swoogo, Eventbrite, HeySummit, WordPress WP Forms)
- Submission of information via relevant third parties such as EVENTIT Limited, where EVENTSBASE Limited is a partner.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR DATA?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process your orders and manage your account.
- Keep you up to date with industry news, where requested.
- Send you print editions of our publications, where requested.
- Send you digital email editions of our magazines, where requested.
- Remind you of upcoming events that you have previously attended
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We securely store your data on our own internal servers. We will keep your personal contact details and all transactional details associated with any interaction with EVENTSBASE until such time as you ask us to remove our details from our system.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact the data controller by the email listed below.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
- You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data.
- You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the data controller by the email listed below.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, see https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- To keep you signed in.
- To understand how you use our website
- To likit the number of advertisements you see.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
We use Functionality Cookies to recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences.
We use Advertising Cookies these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result. See https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES
HOW TO CONTACT US
Email our data controller Hamish Miller
Call: +44 (0) 131 357 4470
Or write to us:
42 St Mary’s Street
Edinburgh EH1 1SX