As COVID restrictions are lifted and the events industry re-opens, health and safety management expert Bureau Veritas has launched a new service to make it easier for organisers to improve safety and reduce risk.
Bureau Veritas’ team will work with clients to develop and support the implementation of an effective Event Safety Management Plan, providing a framework and audit process for safe and compliant events.
The service aims to:
- Help organisers establish health and safety requirements and follow documented processes, offering peace of mind against the risk of danger, litigation, or even financial penalty.
- Cover event design and operation, CDM compliance, construction and de-rigging and health and safety around drinking water, food, noise and vibration and fire.
- Ensure that all policies and documents are in place, correctly completed and stored
- Provide site cover where required during an event.
- Improve employee knowledge and understanding with training for key stakeholders and event teams on the Event Safety Management Plan.
George Macfie (Food Sector Technical Manager, Bureau Veritas) comments: “The events sector has been one of the hardest hit by COVID restrictions since the pandemic began and, with the green light now given for major gatherings, there will be no room for error when it comes to running a successful and safe event.
“From festivals to business events, organisers will need to demonstrate a commitment to health and safety and provide attendees with the confidence that will be vital for the sector’s recovery. What we offer at Bureau Veritas is independent support and expert guidance from a professional team, who combine event experience with an unrivalled understanding across a broad spectrum of event safety management.”
Further information here