Lime Venue Portfolio (LVP) has launched a new initiative to meeting and event organisers that the company said will underline its commitment to sustainability within the industry.
The announcement follows its ‘Chapter V’ Beyond Food Report, which launched earlier this week, and looked at the future of food in the meetings and events industry.
Meetings for Change has taken the learnings from this and other initiatives within the business and used them in a series of commitments to its customers.
LVP said a booking through the company not only comes with promises around its Menu for Change, but also a series of pledges ‘as standard’ that allows them to reach sustainability goals.
Jo Austin, Director of Sales, Lime Venue Portfolio, said: “There is no doubt in my mind that our customers want to do the right thing, but it’s not always straightforward.
“That’s why we’ve launched Meetings for Change, a simple set of commitments, backed up with real empirical data and expertise, that means we can take on some of the responsibility, especially within our own expertise of food.”
Austin added: “As a business we’re supercharging the work we’re doing around sustainable meetings and sharing our learnings with the industry.
“Meetings for Change is all about action though, it’s about a commitment to our customers that they can see in front of them every time they book a meeting with us.”
The commitments outlined by LVP are:
- Using fresh, seasonal products: LVP said it aims to have 80% of its ingredients on its menus as British grown. All the chicken and milk it serves is Red Tractor assured.
- Plants: LVP said its menus are always “plant-forward”.
- Zero waste: The company said its approach is “root-to-stem, nose-to-tail” and that it uses recycled and reusable packaging wherever it can.
- Ethical sourcing: LVP said its teas and coffees come from “responsible” suppliers and that its chocolate is Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance certified.
- LVP also promises to reach Net Zero by 2030
Via Joe Gallop at Conference News