It was a good night for Scotland’s outdoor events industry this week as Tom Clements was announced as the new President of NOEA and Geoff Ellis of DF Concerts picked up a lifetime achievement.
Clements was appointed President of the National Outdoor Events Association in a glittering awards and entertainment night at the association’s annual awards night in Bath.
And Geoff Ellis, the founder of T in the Park, and whose company DF Concerts currently delivers the TRSMT festival in Glasgow, was feted for his contribution to the UK events industry, alongside Gill Tee, Managing Director of Entertee Events, who picked up the President’s Award.
The event, which recognises the very best of event companies, support services and people in the industry, also saw Exclusive Ballooning pick up the Event of the Year Award for its Sky Safari.
Among the individual awards was Brad Lister from Glastonbury Abbey, who was awarded Event Organiser of the Year, while the team at English Heritage Events were awarded the Event Team of the Year Award. Within the festival category, Large Festival of the Year Award went to Victorious Festival, with Small Festival of the Year going to the Underneath the Stars Festival.
The NOEA Awards recognised everyone in the industry from Production Teams to Medical Providers, Caterers and Event Innovators in the annual awards, which took place during an exclusive gala dinner in Bath’s stunning Pump Rooms. The panel of judges was led by Alistair Turner, Managing Director of EIGHT PR and Marketing, supported by representatives from across the industry.
Tom Clements, President of NOEA said: “Once again, the awards have picked out some of the biggest names, and some of the hidden gems, that this great industry seems to bring up every single year. It was a brilliant night, and every winner should be justly proud of their achievements.”
On Twitter, Tom added: “Absolutely honoured and delighted to be elected president of the National Outdoor Events Association (NOEA). I look forward to serving all our members and promoting the events industry throughout the UK.”
Susan Tanner, CEO of NOEA said: “At NOEA we represent the very best events companies and individuals who make these awards so well respected internationally. The day conference was an example of just how far we’ve come as an industry in taking on big subjects and coming up with sensible solutions. This was only supported by the quality of the winners in the evening.”
Alistair Turner, Chair of the Judging Panel said: “Winning a NOEA Award really means something and is a hallmark on the website of every winner this evening. To get onto the shortlist alone is a great achievement, the competition is incredibly tough, and the judges only recognise the very, very best.”
- Best Practice Award: We are The Fair, sponsored by IOSH presented by Steve Blake
- Caterer of the Year Award: Kinori, sponsored by NCASS presented by Alan Fox MD NCASS
- Event of the Year Award: Public Culture Liverpool, sponsored by NOEA presented by Craig Mathie
- Event of the Year Award: Private Exclusive Ballooning for Sky Safari, sponsored by FIA Formula E Championship presented by Iona Nielson
- Event Organiser of the Year Award: Brad Lister, Glastonbury Abbey, sponsored by Eventit, presented by Al Turner
- Event Supplier of the Year – Services: Arnold Clark Car and Van Rental, sponsored by the A.C.T. (National) Ltd presented by Nick Morgan from NOEA
- Event Supplier of the Year – Infrastructure: Training 4 Resilience, sponsored by A.C.T. (National) Ltd. presented by Richard Millward from NOEA
- Event Team of the Year Award: English Heritage Events Team, sponsored by Laceys Solicitors and presented by Philip Day
- Large Festival of the Year Award: Victorious Festival, sponsored by Access All Areas and presented by Duncan Seigle
- Medical Provider of the Year: Sports Medics Ltd, sponsored by NOEA presented Stuart Roberts
- Production Partnership Year Award: Redwood Events with St Pauls Carnival, sponsored by See Tickets presented by Matt Evans
- Small Event of the Year: Wirlygig Festival People’s Postcode Lottery, presented Nicole Allen
- Small Festival of the Year: Underneath the Stars Festival, sponsored by NOEA, presented by Geoff Ellis from DF Concerts
- Sporting Event of the Year Award: The Weston Beach Festival, sponsored by SEE Tickets, presented by Matt Evans
- Eventl Innovation of the Year Award: One Plan, sponsored NOEA presented by Craig Mathie on behalf of NOEA
- Best New Event Award: Sarah Belcher Events for Shrewsbury Wacky Races, sponsored by FIA Formula E Championship presented by Iona Neilson
- The NOEA Scotland Award: Party at the Palace, sponsored by NOEA Scotland presented by Ian Taylor Vice President NOEA
- Scottish Industry Newcomer Award: Vibration Festival, sponsored by NOEA Scotland and presented by Alyesha Sargent from NOEA
- Judges Award: Underneath the Stars Festival, presented by Al Turner Head Judge
- President’s Award: Gill Tee, presented by NOEA President Tom Clements
- NOEA Lifetime Achievement Award: Presented to Geoff Ellis by NOEA President Tom Clements