The Events Industry Council’s (EIC) Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) programme is recognised around the world as a badge of excellence in the events industry. EIC announced 58 professionals who earned their CMP designation in June 2021.
Alisa Peters (Events Industry Council CMP Governance Commission Chair) said: “I invite the global business events community to join me in recognising this class of exceptional industry professionals who have shown their commitment to our industry by successfully attaining their CMP credential. We look forward to watching what this group gives back to the industry through new innovations, thought leadership and an ongoing commitment to excellence.”
The programme was launched by EIC in 1985. EIC initiated the CMP-HC subspecialty in 2014. Both provide continuing education, increase professionalism, and enhance career opportunities in all sectors of the industry by:
- Identifying a comprehensive body of knowledge in the meeting management profession.
- Promoting industry standards, practices, and ethics.
- Stimulating the advancement of the art and science of meeting management.
- Increasing the value of CMPs to their employers.
- Maximising the value received from the products and services provided by CMPs.
EIC expanded testing options in 2020, including year-round testing and remote proctoring, as part of ongoing efforts to support industry professionals seeking to earn this designation.
More than 11,000 meeting professionals from 40 nations hold the CMP or CMP-HC designation. Click here to learn more