The Association of British Professional Conference Organisers (ABPCO) is a dedicated industry association representing professional conference organisers within the UK.
For more than 25 years, ABPCO has made it their mission to promote professionalism and leadership in the UK conference and meetings industry through advocacy, professional development, industry campaigns and education. ABPCO’s strategic aims are to:
- Position ABPCO as the leading body representing the interests of Professional Conference and Event Organisers and increase its profile and recognition thereby raising the volume and value of business being won by its members.
- To constantly develop and enhance the benefits it provides to ABPCO members, who offer conference and event management services to clients, by creating opportunities for networking and by encouraging its members to achieve the highest possible standards of excellence
- To raise standards of professionalism across the meetings industry through the provision of education, training and personal development opportunities
- To ensure the UK meetings industry is able to compete on the world-stage through collaboration with other UK associations and national bodies
In order to protect the quality and integrity of its members, membership is confined to those who are able to clearly demonstrate their skills and knowledge of the events industry. There are a variety of membership levels available:
- Full membership is open to individuals who have a minimum of five years experience working in the UK within conference and event organising agencies and in-house organisers working within public sector, corporate or non-for-profit organisations and associations.
- Associate membership is available to individuals who have a minimum of two years experience in the organisation of all services required for the preparation and running of conferences, seminars and/or other meetings.
- Entry level membership is open to students and those wishing to move into the conference and events industry from another sector or individuals who have just embarked on their career.
- Corporate Membership is open to conference and event industry supply organisations such as National Tourist Organisations, Destination Marketing Organisations, Convention Bureaux, Purpose-built Convention Centres, Hotels, venues and other industry suppliers.
Education plays an integral part of ABPCO’s strategy and members are invited to participate in all education events where subjects of common interest are discussed. These sessions give members an opportunity to share recent experiences and, importantly, to formulate a collective view of the common challenges that lie ahead. High profile guest speakers are regularly invited to give presentations on leading edge products, best practice and the latest technology trends.
For more information, visit our website
T: 01386 858886
M: 07947 369255